Easy Steps To Becoming A Real Estate Agent in Texas
- Complete the required Texas real estate courses set forth by the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Create an online account and submit your application Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Submit Certificates of completion of your Texas Real Estate School Courses to the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC).
- You will receive an email 7-14 days after the previous two steps that will notify you that you can complete the state exam and fingerprinting.
- After passing the state exam you will be a licensed real estate agent in the state of Texas. You will be on inactive status until you find a broker.
Simple Steps to Renew Your Real Estate License In Texas
- See what MCE/SAE classes you have already completed and has been recroded at TREC since your last renewal. (15 required hours of MCE and 60 required hours of SAE).
- Take Required Courses:
MCE Classes - Make sure not to repeat classes in the same renewal period.
SAE Classes - 1st Year Renewal Classes. Make sure not to repeat classes you took to obtain your initial license. (.pdf format classes seem to be the easiest to complete).
- Renew your license online with TREC. Login, complete teh renewal questions, and pay your online renewal fee.
January 23rd, 2013
First Year Renewal Agents Only. All active and inactive salespersons, who are under the Salesperson Annual Education (SAE) requirement, must show evidence of having completed a minimum of 60 hours in core or related real estate education ...