Courses Provided by Midwestern State University (#209/#0304)
In Association with State Continuing Education (#0640).
Easy Steps To Becoming A Real Estate Agent in Texas
- Complete the required Texas real estate courses set forth by the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Create an online account and submit your application Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Submit Certificates of completion of your Texas Real Estate Courses to the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC).
- You will receive an email 7-14 days after the previous two steps that will notify you that you can complete the state exam and fingerprinting.
- After passing the state exam you will be a licensed real estate agent in the state of Texas.You will be on inactive status until you find a broker.
Simple Steps to Renew Your Real Estate License In Texas
- See what CE/SAE classes you have already completed and has been recorded at TREC since your last renewal. (18 required hours of CE and 98 required hours of SAE).
- Take Required Courses:
CE Classes - Make sure not to repeat classes in the same renewal period.
SAE Classes - 1st Renewal Classes. Make sure not to repeat classes you took to obtain your initial license.
- Renew your license online with TREC. Login, complete the renewal questions, and pay your online renewal fee.
New Commission Appointments
AUSTIN, TX – Governor Abbott has appointed Mr. Bob Leonard of San Antonio and Ms. Rayito Stephens of Pearland as broker members of the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) and has reappointed Mr. T.J. Turner of Austin as a public member with terms ending January 31, 2021.